Monday, July 23, 2012

21 QUESTIONS THAT HELP MAKE A HOUSE SELL FASTER!

21 QUESTIONS THAT HELP MAKE A HOUSE SELL FASTER!


  (Will the answers to these questions help me get more cash for my home, in a shorter period of time and with the greatest of ease?)
 

1.   Does the house or any part of the house need painting?
   

2.   Shall I re-seed the lawn and get my landscaping in top shape?
   

3.   What about the window & screens? Any holes or cracks? Do they work will or do they need attention?
 

4.   Does the carpet need cleaning?  How about replacing?
 

5.   Are pets under control at all time?
 

6.   Are all appliances in good working order?
 

7.   Should I stay out of a prospective buyers’ way?
    
8.   What is the buyers’ first impression of the exterior of our house?  What can I do to improve it?
  9. What is the buyers’ first impression as they step inside my house?  What can I do to improve it?


10.  Since the buyer will be looking in the closets, should I take some of the clothes out to make them look roomier?
    
11.  Can I take items from the kitchen cabinets to make them more spacious?
 
12.  Is there any furniture I could store or dispose of to make rooms appear larger?
  13.  Do any cabinets need to be touched up or refinished?

  14.  Should I remove an ornate item that a buyer may want as part of the house?  For example, a special chandelier?

  15.  What about the door mats? Should I replace them with new ones that are neutral and omit our family’s name?

  16.  Should I give my real estate agent a list of things my family likes about the house and our neighbor hood?

  17.  Should I ask my real estate agent for a list of recommendations prepared specifically for helping market  my house?

  18.  Is the price and terms offered going to appeal to most of the buying public in by my price range?

 
19.  Do I need to be aware of other houses similar to mine also being offered for sale?
  20.    Are the garage and storage areas as clean and neat as the should be?

   
21.  Before spending needless time and money, should I consult with my Coldwell Banker agent, Gloria B?











































Myths vs facts

From the guru of agency, John Reilly: Regarding the Bright Analysis by Lisa Sturtevant, PhD Bright Chief Economist Our analysis shows that t...