Monday, August 28, 2006

Sellers Are you Serious About SELLING?...

Saturday I was getting ready to show houses, so I started my usual routine, even though in this market it may not be neccessary one never knows. First I call the listing office to see if the property is still available. Second I look at the "listing" home info paperwork to see how it is to be shown, make appt, don't let cat out etc. ...

I could NOT believe how many of the houses on the market had some sort of restriction.
Hello this is a BUYERS market!!!
Are you interested in SELLING?
Then make it easy for the Buyers' Agent and Buyers to see the house!!!

And Yes I am screaming at the top of my lungs!!!!!

The frustration I was going through trying to set up the appointments, accomodate the listing agent, the owner and of course my buyers timing was absolutely insanity.

I can understand if you have a dog, that needs to be taken out or put in the garage or put in a cage while being shown. No Problem. I don't want it to munch on me or my buyers.

To NOT put a lock box on your door, to have your agent accompany me to let me in or the owner MUST be present or called ahead of time during the showings, that's ridiculous.
That's why I 'm calling 24 hours ahead of time to let you know, to prepare the house for the showing. ( Yes, sometimes it isn't 24 hours ahead of time and then whatever happens is fine, however NO LOCK BOX is inexcusable. Not showing it is also inexcusable; after all you are selling? Aren't you?)

It doesn't make it easy for me to explain to my buyers why I am going through all these hoops in order to show a property. They wonder "what kind of Realtor is she that she has to be let in?" or worse yet "Is the owner really interested in Selling?"
I can't tell you how many times I have had to field that question.

Speaking for myself, my buyers are pre-screened to make sure they can afford to purchase the properties I am showing. This is a business and I am NOT going to waste my time nor gas with "lookiloos" because it is raining outside and they want to waste time while at the "Jersey Shore". I am not a "Jersey Shore" House Tour Guide!

So SELLERS, when you read this explosive missive, think about the BUYERS that are interested in seeing your property, after all they are FEW and FAR APART.

SELLERS, make it easy to show, because believe me they are plenty of properties out there and I WILL show what is easy BEFORE anything is complex and convoluted that I can personally promise you (and I am sure other realtors feel the same way and may not express it out loud)!

This is NOT the time to sample the market and see what the market will bear.

You are either SELLING or NOT!

No comments:

Myths vs facts

From the guru of agency, John Reilly: Regarding the Bright Analysis by Lisa Sturtevant, PhD Bright Chief Economist Our analysis shows that t...