Tuesday, December 26, 2006

PC MAintenance starting the year with good computer habits...

These are some of the things that I NOW automatically do becuase of lessons dearly learned and items lost forever.

Daily:
  • Update virus and spyware programs (if they don't do it on their own)
  • Back up any work that you have done onto a usb key

When a program crashes ( which in my case outlook does on a regular basis, stillhave not figured it out) close and restart your computer this clears it out.

Weekly:

  • Perform a full computer virus scan and spyware scan ( schedule it to be done automatically)
  • Back up anything you've worked on and updated that you forgot to back up daily.

Monthly:

Personally I am still behind on this but it is a good idea to check up on all updates for the most used programs.

Yearly:

Which is around now that I start going through all the files I have made during the year, see which ones I absoulutely must have, trash can those I really don't need and file away the rest.

Alos it's bewen advised to vacuum the computer and air blow out for dust. I have several cats and really need to do this more often than once a year.

These and many more tips I have gotten from pcworld.com one of the first places I go to check out for any information on computers.

No comments:

Myths vs facts

From the guru of agency, John Reilly: Regarding the Bright Analysis by Lisa Sturtevant, PhD Bright Chief Economist Our analysis shows that t...